About the Society

About the Society

‘St. Charles Society’ is part of the congregation of the sisters of St. Charles Borromeo (SCB). SCB was founded in 1684 by Rev. Fr. Adrian Bresy (Parish Priest of Wez) diocese of Tournai, Belgium, to impart Christian education to the poor children of the Parish. St. Charles Borromeo was chosen as patron of the new-born Congregation because of his zeal for the church, great love for the poor, life of austerity and industriousness and his heroic work of reformation achieved through the weapon of education. Following the footsteps of this holy saint, the Sisters soon came to be known as the Sisters of St. Charles Borromeo. The first missionary sisters from Belgium built their abode at Ranipet in Vellore district in the year 1929. Today we have extended our mission stations to different continents. In India we have about 60 communities spread out from North to South and East to West. We are engaged mostly in educating children.

Search